Be it a small business or a Fortune 500 company, customer experience is always a top priority for businesses. From making sure that their customers feel satisfied and content with the products and services to making sure all their tickets are resolved efficiently, help desk teams across the globe work hard to provide the best customer experiences for their customers.
Welcome to customer service resolving customer issues in a quick manner that can have a long-lasting positive effect on the business itself. But due to various reasons like an influx of help desk tickets, poor customer management tools, etc. customer service teams can end up creating a trend of delayed responses or delayed remediations for help desk tickets being raised.
A trend of resolving customer issues in a slow manner can not only lead to lower CSAT scores but can also result in lower profitability as well. Customers are always finding new ways to resolve tickets as soon as possible and when they don’t receive quick remediation to their tickets they get frustrated and tend to have a negative customer experience.
Did you know?
- A survey found that the maximum amount of time customers are willing to wait is 13 minutes. (source: American Express )
- About 79% of customers prefer live chat because of the immediacy it offers compared to other channels. (source: Econsultancy)
- 32% of customers stop purchasing from a business they love after a negative experience. (Source: PwC)
- About 74% of consumers are at least somewhat likely to buy based on customer experiences alone. (Source: Forbes / Arm Treasure Data)
- 56% of people around the world have stopped doing business with a company because of a poor customer service experience. (source: Microsoft)
- American consumers will pay 17% more to purchase from a company with a reputation for great service. (Source: American Express)
- About one in three people (33%) believe that the most important aspect of customer service is speaking with a knowledgeable and friendly customer service agent. (Source: Microsoft)
What happens when you don’t speed up the process?
- Customers tend to get frustrated and annoyed with the long wait times
- Delayed remediation will lead to a negative brand image
- Businesses witness a pattern of unhappy customers and low CSAT scores
- Lower customer retention and customer onboarding rates
- Negative impact on profitability
How can you help your agents resolve customer issues faster?
Internal messaging system for employees
Communicating with different departments to effectively resolve customer tickets can be time-consuming and this also paves the way for unproductivity. Integrating internal messaging systems for employees can facilitate better sharing of the required information. In addition to this internal messaging, systems make it possible for agents to keep up with the new updates and also help them coordinate with other agents and departments while trying to solve a ticket.
Set up an efficient KMS for agents
Having quick access to customer information or product information paves way for immediate ticket remediation. Maintaining an organized knowledge management system that gives customer service agents quick access to customer data can speed up the ticket remediation process. In addition to speeding up the help desk, the ticket remediation process as a knowledge management system also helps agents solve the ticket in an effective manner.
Assignment of automated tickets
Manually assigning tickets can be a resource-draining and time-consuming task. When businesses adopt a CRM tool that has a built-in automated ticket assignment system, they not only help their customer service teams save time but also aid in speeding up the ticket resolving process. Customer Relationship Management systems like Kapture not only facilitate a smoother ticket assignment but also help customer service teams save a huge amount of their valuable time.
Omnichannel approach to customer service
According to a report by Adobe, companies with the strongest omnichannel customer engagement strategies tend to have a 10% year-on-year growth. In addition to strong engagement rates, another huge advantage omnichannel has is that customers can reach out through their preferred channels. This not only saves the customers’ time but also helps them reach out through any channel, for quick query resolution.
Yet another effective way through which help desk teams can quickly solve customer issues is by using self-service portals. Most of the tickets being raised every day are based on simple doubts that can be easily solved through the use of self-service portals. These portals help customers skip long wait times and conversations with help desk agents and help them resolve their tickets on their own. Self-service portals also help decrease the number of tickets being raised.
AI chatbots are another great way of helping customers resolve issues faster especially when there is an influx of tickets and the agents are unable to solve the huge number of tickets. With natural language processing and machine learning abilities, artificially intelligent chatbots can access customer interaction history to get a better contextual understanding of the customer’s needs and can easily solve help desk tickets.
Other ways through which businesses can create delightful customer experiences –
- By investing in an efficient customer relationship management system that will help your customer service teams provide the best customer experiences.
- Collecting feedback from customers on a regular basis and work towards implementing the collected feedback.
- Structuring marketing strategies and sales strategies around customer feedback and suggestions.
- Conducting post-purchase follow-up sessions. Getting back to a customer after the purchase is extremely important to understand how the customer feels about the product or service.
How can businesses invest in customer experiences?
– Businesses can invest in customer experiences by choosing the right customer relationship management systems that will cater to their customer care operation needs.
How can businesses improve customer experience?
– By providing proactive support, self-service portals, 24/7 customer support, businesses can significantly improve their customer’s experiences.
With so many challenges like lack of customer management tools, patterns of agent unproductivity, providing delightful customer experiences can become one hell of a task. But with the right tools like Kapture’s CRM system businesses can easily improve customer service as well as customer relationships. To know more about effective customer relationship management tools like Kapture, click here for a demo.