Having a self-service portal can allow your customers to complete certain tasks by themselves. This includes them requesting for new services, editing their current orders, raising issues, resolving them, and register for programs and so on. One can comprehend self-service portal as a “database” or a “store” where all the necessary data is stored and a portal that makes way for actionable tasks. This composes of FAQs, knowledge forums that let customers find answers to their questions without having to raise tickets and involve a support agent. Another component of customer self-service portal is actionable tasks. For instance, a customer using an online grocery delivery app can alter their order or delivery time by themselves on the app without having to call customer care.
Let us find out how having a functional self-serve portal can help your business improve customer support operations.
- Reduction in costs: When your customers can find their answers through a portal or carry out simple tasks by themselves, this will automatically save you costs involved in customer support service including human resources, telephone network costs and such. Not to forget, this saves a lot of time as well.
- Increased agent productivity: Self-serve portals save a lot of time for support agents. As they will not have to attend to common queries and tickets, they can use this time in attending to important / priority tickets. This also enables your support agents to provide better care and attention to the customers.
- Enhanced site traffic: The service-serve portal with a knowledge base of your business helps bringing in more website traffic. This can also mark your business as a data source. This results in increased credibility and visibility of your business.
- Easy flow of information: In addition to customers helping themselves, a solid Knowledge Management System (part of the self-serve) can help your support agents refer to any required information while attending to customers. This reduces the average response time as all the data required by them are at their fingertips. Support agents on the go can also refer to this database to deliver quick, smooth customer experiences.
If you already have a self-serve portal but are looking to enhance it, here are some tips that can help you.
- Ensure the information is up-to-date: As and when time passes and your business is scaling in size or operation, it’s important to keep in mind to update the information on the self-serve portals. For instance, Kapture CRM enables you to edit the data on KMS and other portals with ease, from time to time.
- Use a variety of data: Information on self-service portal does not necessarily always mean text. You can add unique images, informative videos, screenshots and so on to engage your customers.
- Enabling search behavior: It’s possible for your support agents or customers to lose their way amidst huge amounts of data. Having a search-field in your self-serve portal can help users navigate their way through it and find exactly what they’re looking for within seconds.
A self-serve portal that is intuitive, functional and responsive lets your customers access any information at one place. It’s important for the content in the portal to be organized and as well as the portal to be optimized for mobile devices and laptops.
If you’re looking to have a self-service portal for your business, contact Kapture CRM for more details and a demo to explain the product to you.