Classification of CRM users is very essential to any business, company or manager, as that is exactly what a business needs in order to be less chaotic and more systematic and organized. There are various ways a business can classify its employees on the CRM front and typically a firm goes with classification of their CRM users in a way their clientele and their business can benefit the most.
Here is how a business can generally categorize its employees, based on their job descriptions and the demands of the clients:
• Front office contacts are the ones which have the direct contact with your business’s customers and can be through any communicative means like the online, offline or face to face mediums as well.
• Back office contacts are the employees that are present to assist the front office contacts, with whatever client needs and demands they have.
• Business/ Commercial contacts are the ones that use networking in various official and commercial events to garner interaction with potential customers and businesses.
A CRM has a hierarchy set in order, which allows the master user to allocate the positions in the CRM, for all their employees and staff. These positions are allotted to ensure that the managers can be viewing the analytics data of their team while the master user will be viewing the combined analytics of all the departments running in the business.
Segregation of departments and employee positions, in the CRM, is done to micro manage the work and the clients in the best way possible. After all, a chaotic and messy work chain will result in unproductive ventures and will eventually be the reason for the business to never have a sound strategy.
Simplified use of CRM, for various different users, can be met by categorizing them under the owner teams and the accessing teams.
Here is why this is beneficial:
1. Owner teams
-Such users can access high volumes of data by using the business unit access and/or by using ownership rights of the CRM
– Service scheduling teams, or employees who have a similar work position, can be categorized under owner teams.
– Security roles can be offered to access the records of the business
2. Access teams
– In this team, employees can be fluctuating (Consistently hired and/or employees exiting the firm)
– Individual access, based on records of every employee
– Various levels of group access types can be managed through the access team records
For the rapidly changing and dynamic work environments, access teams might play a bigger role as CRM users than the ownership team. CRM software allows the company to track its contacts and organize its clients, employees and its other chains of business, in a linear and very simple manner. Classification of job roles and work distribution, be it in any industry sector or business type, is something that a CRM focuses on and eventually helps a business in being more toned.