In light of the global outbreak of Coronavirus, many businesses across the world are choosing to manage their operations remotely. Hundreds of organizations based in China, Korea, the United States, and several European countries have adopted this measure in an attempt to protect their employees and reduce the impact of the COVID-19.
Rest assured knowing that your contact center team can easily work from home and attend to incoming queries and tickets without any hassle. All they would require is access to the right CRM tools, an internet connection, and a mobile device/ headset. Kapture CRM lets you manage your essential customer support operations from anywhere, at any time.
Is it possible to turn a contact center to a work-from-home model within a short notice period?
Yes, it’s definitely possible and it’s easy too. You can easily turn your contact center to a work-from-home process using the necessary tools. Incoming tickets (calls, emails, chat, and social media) are routed to agents through a cloud-based CRM solution. This allocation can be done based on rules/ triggers that are unique to your business. For instance, tickets can be allocated based on agent availability, source of the ticket, query type, and so on.
Support agents can use their login ID to log in to Kapture and attend to tickets from their residences.
Remote Customer Support Operations
Team leads can track their agents’ performance and monitor the SLAs remotely using the several reports and analytics that are made available through the CRM like ‘ticket aging report’, ‘hourly ticket dashboard’, ‘agent productivity report’. More reports can be configured to the dashboard based on department and hierarchy.
Still, concerned about the implementation of this process? We recommend you adhere to the following suggestions in order to ensure your remote support teams are working efficiently.
- Enhanced communication flow: Sudden changes in the workplace can be stressful for your employees. Motivate them to be productive by using some simple processes. This could include a digital huddle in the morning or a simple “performer-of-the-day” announcement.
- Give your team the right tools: Ensure your support agents have access to all the software systems that are necessary for them. Some of the important tools they need include CRM, web conference application, and data management software. This lets them handle their daily routine in an efficient manner.
- Define the performance metrics: A common unsaid fear about work from home model is that productivity might be reduced. You can prevent this by establishing clear, well-defined quantifiable metrics. For instance, the number of hours that the agent has to work for or the number of calls that they need to attend. Conducting regular review sessions is advisable as well. Not only does this help maintain productivity but it helps agents focus on their work as they have clear goals.
- Internal knowledge base: Having a centralized knowledgebase can help your agents access and refer to the necessary information required to resolve customer issues.
- Set up data security policies: Data security is an utmost crucial aspect of all businesses. You can ensure your support teams are attending to customers remotely without compromising on security. Establish clear security rules, regulations, and make sure you communicate them with your employees properly. You can equip your team with necessary privacy tools, a secure browser, and so on.